cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: WS-ReliableMessaging issues
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:05:23 GMT
On 01/06/2011 09:16 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2011 6:16:30 pm Dennis Sosnoski wrote:

>> I have a client who is interested in commissioning me to work on both
>> fixing issues in the existing WS-RM code and extending the code to
>> support WS-RM 1.1 and 1.2. This would include adding an option to
>> support WS-Addressing 1.0 for WS-RM 1.0 (as used by .Net -
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-1254 - and also by Metro). Are
>> these contributions which would likely be of interest to the CXF project?
>>
> Ummm...  Is that rhetorical?  :-)     Of course we'd LOVE to see such
> contributions.  :-)

I figured as much. :-)  But the client wants to make sure the code is
something that can go back into CXF, assuming it meets the project
standards, so I needed to ask for their benefit.

I'll try some more experiments, including the USE_ORIGINAL_THREAD
option, in the next few days.

On the issue of messages being delivered in order to the service
provider (even one-way messages), that's my interpretation of the specs
based on their wording. They say that messages are to be delivered in
order (if that option is used) to the "Application Destination", defined
as " The endpoint to which a message is Delivered." Endpoint seems to me
to equate to the actual service provider code. And it does seem like the
in-order assurance would be pretty weak if this did not apply to the
actual application code. I realize it's difficult to do this with
asynchronous messages, though, basically requiring single-threading the
calls to the application. Is there a way of forcing single-threading of
providers with JAX-WS?

  - Dennis