cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SXC JAXB Accelerator?
Date Mon, 31 Jan 2011 13:54:19 GMT
On Monday 31 January 2011 8:06:19 am Glen Mazza wrote:
> Team, bottom of the JAXB page (http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jaxb.html)
> recommends "SXC", supposedly a JAXB accelerator I've never heard of.
>  From the Confluence history, that suggestion is at least as old as
> March 2007, possibly older if it originally came from another page.
>
> The SXC site given is as dead as they get (http://sxc.codehaus.org/) --

Interesting.  I wonder where the real site went.   The "pages" are all there:
http://sxc.codehaus.org/JAXB
http://sxc.codehaus.org/XPath
etc...
just the home page is messed up.

> no description, no issue tracker, no team list, no mailing list.  I
> think we should just remove this suggestion from our docs.  Has anyone
> last year or so confirmed that SXC does indeed accelerate reasonably
> recent versions of JAXB?

Well, Mule 3 did just ship and has a  specific SXC module so it's being using
at some level:

http://www.mulesoft.org/documentation/display/MULE3USER/SXC+Module

It does have a link to JIRA:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SXC