cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Nithya Sivasubramaniam <s.a.nit...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-3129 and JUnit test cases
Date Thu, 30 Dec 2010 03:40:49 GMT
Hi Daniel,

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 December 2010 10:15:36 pm Nithya Sivasubramaniam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking at fixing some open issues in jira. I am new to CXF, so I
> > thought I would get started with some simple ones. I am currently looking
> > at defect 'CXF-3129 - wsdl2java: place @Generated annotation on generated
> > code'.
> >
> > Since jaxb-xjc already has such an option (-markgenerated), I passed in
> > this option when CXF calls XJC. At first look, that seems to work.
>
> That covers the stuff XJC generates, but not the stuff we generate.  Thus,
> that is PART of the solution, but not all of it.   The place to look would
> be
> in the velocity templates in:
>
> tools/wsdlto/frontend/jaxws/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/tools/wsdlto/frontend/jaxws/template/

I looked into the velocity templates and updated them to include support for
the @Generated annotation as well. I have attached a patch to the defect (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3129).

> > I still
> > have to test some more scenarios. I will create a patch with the fix and
> > some test cases soon. In the meanwhile, if anyone has any
> > comments/suggestions on how to go about this, please let me know. Maybe
> > adding the @Generated annotation can be made optional by having a flag in
> > wsdl2java?
>
> That's probably a good idea.    The starting point for that would be to add
> the flag to the jaxws-toolspec.xml file.   That would get it parsed and
> into
> the ToolContext that is passed around where you can query it where needed.

I created a new option '-mark-generated' which, when set, would cause all
generated java class files to have the @Generated annotation at the
class/field/constructor/method levels. This is also included in the patch I
attached to the defect (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3129).

> > Also, I saw in the CXF website that one other area to contribute is by
> > writing junit test cases. Does anyone have any particular area in mind
> that
> > I can work on, that is also easy enough for me to get involved?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nithya
>
> A suggestion would be to look at the code coverage metrics at:
>
> http://nemo.sonarsource.org/drilldown/measures/117804?metric=coverage
>
> and find someplace that is pretty low but also interesting and start
> working
> on boosting the coverage in areas.   You could definitely learn about some
> areas of the code while helping to boost the code coverage.

The code coverage tool was very confusing to me. There were a few areas that
I identified in sonarsource to have less coverage. When I ran all related
junit tests myself and used another code coverage tool (eclemma -
http://www.eclemma.org/), it showed that there was more coverage than what
sonarsource showed. Maybe I didn't know how to use sonarsource.

Anyway, I did create a few junit tests and I am attaching a patch with this
email for those tests. Here are comments for the patch:
(1) When a wsdllist file is opened for reading in WSDLToJavaContainer, it
was not closed after reading. Fixed that.
(2) Added new tests in CodeGenOptionTest to test -wsdlList option.

Hope they are worthwhile!

- Nithya