cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Serialization of List with Aegis
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 04:47:56 GMT
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Niclas Hedhman <niclas@hedhman.org> wrote:
> If the service implementation returns an immutable List, for instance;
>
> List<String> doSomething()
> {
>    ArrayList<String> result = ...;
>
>       :
>
>    return Collections.unmodifiableList(result);
> }
>
> No AegisType is being resolved by the TypeMapping.
>
> Is this a bug, or do I need to capture this myself with a TypeCreator?

Please disregard; I just realized that this is due to my
misunderstanding of TypeMapping vs TypeCreator. When my AegisType
finds a type it doesn't understand, then it delegates to the
TypeMapping to pull up the type, but that is only slightly more than a
HashMap, whereas I think it should delegate to the top TypeCreator
instead.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer