cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF 3.1 in OSGi container (equinox)
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:18:46 GMT

On 2010-12-21, at 下午6:50, bisior wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain me how to run CXF 3.1 in OSGi container? The
> manifest of
> cxf-2.3.1.jar looks OK, but there are a lot of missing libraries in
> the lib
> directory of the distribution. Finally I have managed to find and
> resolve
> all missing constraints, but then CXF had some class loading issues.
>
> Maybe CXF is not supporting OSGi fully at the moment? If it suports
> OSGi
> some tutorial is must have thing for the developers.

Hi,

CXF fully support OSGi, ensure you use cxf-bundle-2.3.1.jar(which is
OSGi friendly) in OSGi container, also you need install several other
OSGi bundles(which isn't in CXF distributions) to make cxf-
bundle-2.3.1.jar resolved successfully, I must say  figure out all
those OSGi bundles which make cxf-bundle.jar work correctly isn't a
simple task. Fortunately some other project such as Apache Servicemix
4.x(configurable to use equinox or felix as OSGi runtime core) already
do it for you,  cxf feature (feature item in servicemix/karaf
baiscally means a set of bundles) get installed out of box and also
with Servicemix 4.x kit there're several cxf related examples which
you can quickly grasp the basic idea that how to use cxf in OSGi
container.

Freeman