cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Tataryn <crai...@tataryn.net>
Subject Re: Latest IBM DeveloperWorks article
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 21:58:52 GMT

On 2010-12-08, at 3:33 PM, Andreas Veithen wrote:

> Looks like you made the same mistake that I've seen elsewhere: instead
> of just installing the Web services feature pack on WAS 6.1 (to get
> JAX-WS support) and let the IBM support take care of the issues (after
> all that is what they are payed for), you spent your time trying to
> integrate another SOAP stack and solve the issues yourself. That being
> said, I don't know if the feature pack already existed when you did
> your project, and of course for a contractor that is the more
> interesting option (I would do the same in that position ;-). But OK,
> let's not transform this thread into a discussion about how to deploy
> Web services on WAS...
>
> Andreas

I might have confused the article with another? I still stand by my statements.  I don't want
to use "Webservices Pack for WAS".  I want to use "works regardless of servlet container and
support contract".  So it was not a "mistake", I fully intended to avoid the Webservices Pack.

Craig.

> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 21:26, Craig Tataryn <craiger@tataryn.net> wrote:
>> We were using WAS 6.1 and we needed to support HL7 payloads.  Axis wasn't up to snuff.
Then trying to get modern versions of JAXB and XML APIs to work with WAS wasted soooooo much
time and money. It was also a main contributor to my hair greying at the tender age of 34.

>> </rant>
>>
>> Craig.

saving me from implementing using "Web Services Pack for WAS" (aka Axis)