cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: CXF and JIBX binding
Date Sat, 01 Jan 2011 21:35:05 GMT
On 01/02/2011 08:44 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Friday 31 December 2010 2:05:47 am Laurent Mignon wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want use CXF in my own projects. Since I need some flexibility on how my
>> java objects are serialized to XML, the use of jibx for the binding is a
>> requirement.
>> What's the status of the current GSoc proposal?
>>
> It's kind of sitting on a branch in my local git repo right now (just pulled
> from the GSoC project, no changes).   I was hoping to get some time to work on
> integrating it better, but haven't so far.   I think I needed some help from
> Dennis to get a new JiBX release out, but that may have already happened.   I
> don't really know.

I've been slothing on getting out the JiBX release, with some more Jiras
I'd like to resolve as part of the release. It's dragged on far too
long, though, so I'm going to do a new 1.2.3 release this next week
including the CXF changes even if it's just an interim thing followed by
a 1.2.4.

If you want to get involved in working with the CXF code at that point,
Laurent, I can work with you to make sure the integration goes smoothly.
There were several email discussions about how this should work from
back when the GSoC was going on. I think the GSoC code got to the point
of working with existing JiBX bindings in each direction, though, and it
sounds like that's all you want anyway (as opposed to integrated code
generation using JiBX, which is going to be more involved).

  - Dennis