cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Latest IBM DeveloperWorks article
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 20:15:39 GMT
On 12/09/2010 08:53 AM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 14:40, Craig Tataryn <craiger@tataryn.net> wrote:
>
>> That's great, his last article was very helpful at my last contract in saving me
from implementing using "Web Services Pack for WAS" (aka Axis)

> Interesting statement. Dennis' last articles were all about comparison
> between CXF, Rampart and Metro. However, although IBM uses Axis2 as
> the basis for their JAX-WS support in WAS 7.0 and in the Web services
> feature pack for WAS 6.1, they're not using Rampart at all, but have
> their own WS-Security implementation...

I haven't worked with WAS myself, but thought that might be the case.
That's why I qualify my own rankings of the stacks in the latest article
with " Also, the rankings apply only to the base open source projects;
commercial stacks based on the open source versions may use their own
security code and other extensions. You'll need to look at the
differences between the commercial code and the open source base to see
which parts of the rankings may apply."

Andreas, why don't you add a comment to the article pointing out that
the rankings don't apply to WAS for this reason?

  - Dennis