cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse build
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 11:01:14 GMT
Tried this, even going with the default workspace this time, rather than
the one I'd specified before. Still the same results, though.

I did have two Checkstyle sheets in the project properties, so I went
into my Eclipse configuration and saw that there appeared to be two
versions of the plugin installed. I uninstalled the older one, leaving
only the "Eclipse Checkstyle Plug-in" version 5.2.0.201010072021 After
restarting Eclipse there's just one Checkstyle sheet, and that's using
the "CXF Checks - (Global)"  configuration. I'm running Eclipse version
3.6.1, M20100909-0800.

It looks like both the "Got an exception - unexpected char: 0xFFFF" and
the "Missing a header - not enough lines in file." errors can be fixed
by adding a newline at the end of the file. You don't got those errors
on files which don't end with a newline? (such as
cxf-systests-jaxws/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/systest/handlers/AddNumbersUnwrap.java).
If not, and assuming I'm not the only person running Linux, could it be
a Checkstyle version issue?

The "Wrong order for ... import" errors sometimes appear to be related
to the use of static imports, where the static imports are in a block
following the regular imports, and in other cases involve jUnit imports
- it looks like Checkstyle expects these to follow the
org.springframework imports.

  - Dennis

On 11/30/2010 06:03 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> On Friday 26 November 2010 6:47:11 pm Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
>
>> My original message is included in this one, at the bottom. There are
>> three different variations of Checkstyle errors: 1) unexpected char:
>> 0xFFFF; 2) Missing a header - not enough lines in file; and 3) Wrong
>> order for import.
>>
> Occasionally, when importing the  projects, Eclipse gets confused and doesn't
> get everything setup correctly.   Steps to resolve:
>
> 1) From the command line, re-run "mvn -Psetup.eclipse" to make sure everything
> is regenerated properly.
>
> 2) Select all the projects in eclipse and do File -> Refresh to reload them
>
> 3) Select all the projects and do a Project -> Clean to force eclipse to
> rebuild them.
>
> If  that DOESN'T help, then right click on one  of the projects and bring up
> the properties for it.   On the "Checkstyle" page, make sure it says it's
> using the "CXF Checks - (Global)"  configuration.   If it's not, that's the
> issue.   The -Psetup.eclipse profile should be injecting  the CXF Checks
> configuration into your workspace (which, by default, is ../workspace from the
> cxf directory).   If that didn't work, you may need to add
> -Declipse.workspace.dir=/path/to/workspace to the command line to make sure it
> gets added.
>
> The BEST option which definitely helps with the maven eclipse plugin is to
> edit your ~/.m2/setttings.xml and add a profile like:
>
>     <activeProfiles>
>         <activeProfile>extra</activeProfile>
>     </activeProfiles>
>     <profiles>
>         <profile>
>             <id>extra</id>
>             <properties>
>                 <eclipse.workspace>/home/dkulp/working/workspace</eclipse.workspace>
>                 <downloadSources>true</downloadSources>
>                 <eclipse.workspace.dir>/home/dkulp/working/workspace</eclipse.workspace.dir>
>                 <eclipse.output.directory>${project.build.outputDirectory}</eclipse.output.directory>
>             </properties>
>         </profile>
>     </profiles>
>
> or similar which pretty much makes sure everything always points to the right
> workspace and sources are always downloaded and such.   Pretty much would help
> with ANY maven project where you may use the maven-eclipse-plugin.
>

> Dan
>

>>   - Dennis
>>
>> On 11/27/2010 11:04 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>>> Sigh. I deleted your original message. What do the errors look like?

Java