cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: Eclipse build
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 07:49:35 GMT
I'm running on Linux (OpenSUSE 11.3, 32bit). Eclipse shows the file
encoding as UTF-8 (inherited from container).

I've checked the hexdump of some of the files and confirmed there is no
0xFFFF character present. I did notice that the "//CHECKSTYLE:ON" line
in these files was right at the end, and did not have a newline. Since
0xFFFF is what you get if you interpret a read failure/end of file as a
character I thought this might relate, so tried adding a newline at the
end of the file. That eliminated the "unexpected char: 0xFFFF"
exceptions for the cases I tried.

  - Dennis

> WHat platform are you on? have you set file.encoding to something interesting?
>
> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Dennis Sosnoski <dms@sosnoski.com> wrote:
>
>> My original message is included in this one, at the bottom. There are
>> three different variations of Checkstyle errors: 1) unexpected char:
>> 0xFFFF; 2) Missing a header - not enough lines in file; and 3) Wrong
>> order for import.
>>
>>  - Dennis
>>
>> On 11/27/2010 11:04 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>>> Sigh. I deleted your original message. What do the errors look like?

Problem
Java