cxf-dev mailing list archives

From "Sean O'Callaghan" <SEA...@progress.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 10:31:37 GMT
+1

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:01 PM
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Colm O hEigeartaigh for CXF committer

In the last 2 years, Colm has logged 11 issues with CXF.  Every single one of them came with
a patch file to fix the issue:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&reporterSelect=specificuser&reporter=coheigea

11 patches is quite a lot.   If they were not spread out over 2 years, I think
he would have been noticed much sooner and been granted committership.
However, it does show a long term commitment to the project and I feel
becoming a committer is long overdue.

He knows the WS-Sec and XML-Sec things inside and out and is a leading driver of the WSS4J
and Santuario (xml-sec) libraries that we rely on.

He's currently working in our sandbox and on the WSS4J trunk to update WSS4J
to Java5 level and clean up the WSS4J API's and such.

Basically, he's been an invaluable contributor to the WS-Security stuff and having him as
a committer would be a big addition, IMO.

Here is my  +1.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org