cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Two way requests can get ahead of oneway requests ?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:02:52 GMT
On Sunday 05 December 2010 9:26:11 am Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've noticed, while working on my demo, that if a proxy executes two
> operations, with the 1st one being a oneway operation, then sometimes the
> server sees the 2nd operation being invoked first.
>
> I can see why it is happening and obviously the server code should not make
> any assumptions in this case, but can CXF at least make the best effort,
> perhaps by increasing the priority of the server threads dealing with the
> actual execution of oneway requests ?

I was thinking about a possible sync on the runnable, stick it on the
executor, then a wait(10) with the background thread doing a notifyAll once it
starts.   If the executor is not busy/full, then that should allow it to
continue without tieing up the Jetty/servlet thread for very long.  If the
executors are busy, it will return FAIRLY quick.  Possibly make that
configurable.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp