cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Came <scott.c...@search.org>
Subject RE: Status of WS-RM
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:05:56 GMT
Thanks, Daniel.
What about the potential to leverage Sandesha or the implementation in Metro?  My research
has indicated that some time ago there was discussion about trying to create a reusable RM
library that could do the job (with adaptation) across the various open source implementations
of WS-*.  While it seems that never went anywhere (probably with good reason) should I have
any hope of reusing significant chunks of code from either of those efforts?  Do we have any
cross-participation with those efforts on the list here?
If anyone from the "couple of companies" you mention has interest, please let me know.  :)
--Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 8:46 AM
To: dev@cxf.apache.org
Cc: Scott Came
Subject: Re: Status of WS-RM

On Monday 15 November 2010 11:33:53 am Scott Came wrote:
> Has anyone on the dev list looked into implementing WS-RM 1.1 since this
> discussion on the list last June?
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cxf-dev/200906.mbox/%3C4A35E210.5
> 030906@redhat.com%3E I'm guessing not, since the related JIRA issue is
> still "unassigned":  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2681.

I really don't think anyone has seriously looked at it recently.

WS-RM is one of those specs that generally sends most of us running so it's
not likely something one of us "volunteers" is really going to tackle.    :-)
There are a couple companies that could potentially put people on it if the
"price is right".

> have access to some resources to implement this feature.  If anyone
> on-list is interested, please contact me directly.  I'm also willing to
> help out, but feel it would be better to work with someone who has much
> more familiarity with the code. Thanks.

That's super cool.   Any help from anyone would be great.   I would suggest
getting those that would be working on it involved here on the list.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org