cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Attempting to remove wsdl4j dependency from the JAX-RS frontend
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 19:38:19 GMT
Hi

After making an initial attempt to resolve CXF-3021 [1] and limiting the
WSDLEndpointFactory update to 2.4.0 only, as agreed on IRC, I realized today
the problem was much more involved. See the comments at the JIRA. I've spend
a lot of time today trying to close this issue but it proved to be tricky.
Overall I'm mostly happy with the patch and I feel this kind of refactoring
is a positive step.

The bit I'm not quite comfortable with is the changes in the HTTP transport
where I end up catching NoClassDefFoundError in cases when WSDL4J-'backed'
classes such as HttpServerPolicy and Address CXF extensions are loaded. I
think they are actually safe, as it is kind of unlikely that these
extensions are expected to be available in non-WSDL first cases and in WSDL
first cases wsdl4J will be there anyway. And if say people want to use
HttpServerPolicy explicitly in java-first cases then they'd obviously have
to have wsdl4j available. I wish I could come up with a cleaner approach.

Comments are welcome. If we can not make the patch it 'merge-able' then I'd
have to revert the WSDLEndpointFactory change too as it would be pointless;
I hope we can sort it out though somehow :-)

cheers, Sergey

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-3021