cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <sapa...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Status of WS-RM
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2010 13:58:38 GMT
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2010 12:05:56 pm Scott Came wrote:
>> Thanks, Daniel.
>> What about the potential to leverage Sandesha or the implementation in
>> Metro?  My research has indicated that some time ago there was discussion
>> about trying to create a reusable RM library that could do the job (with
>> adaptation) across the various open source implementations of WS-*.  While
>> it seems that never went anywhere (probably with good reason) should I
>> have any hope of reusing significant chunks of code from either of those
>> efforts?
>
> Well, for Sandesha, I haven't looked at the code there at all so I don't know
> how reasonable it is to reuse chunks of it.   For WS-SecPol, I did use the
> Rampart code as a base, but it pretty much ended up as a complete re-write by
> the time I was done with it.   Sandesha might be in the same ball park.

It would be nice to share some part of the implementation to save the
development and maintenance cost.
But I also have a feeling that using Sandesha won't be a shorter path
to support WS-RM 1.1 in CXF.

I am looking into some other issues of the current 1.0 implementation
but I am also interested in this question of going for 1.1.

Regards, Aki