cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Discuss: CXFServlet and spring ApplicationContext
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2010 00:10:38 GMT
I am currently trying to dig deeper into the http transport.

One part of the code that I really don´t like is the CXFServlet. If I
understand correctly it is being used when you want to have a servlet
transport together with a spring application context.
In the documentation (http://cxf.apache.org/docs/servlet-transport.html)
there are two ways to use it:

You can either use ContextLoaderListener from spring or let it pull up a
new context.

I don´t know if it is only because of the second option but there is
some really ugly code in there to find or pull up an application context
and work directly with it.
So my point is that we should let spring do this. Can´t we just let
spring inject whatever we need?

Best regards

Christian

--