cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject More underinformed musing about JMS (JMS+Simple+Aegis)?
Date Sat, 02 Oct 2010 18:10:28 GMT
Thanks for the help over on users.

I was having the following thought.

For some time now, I've been religiously using JAX-WS/JAX-B for
services I build at the day job, on the theory that this gives me
maximum digestibility for possible interoperation.

Recently, I've been working on setting up some components where
interop is not very interesting, but development efficiency is. The
penny dropped; this is howcome the long-ago XFire group ended up
inventing Simple/Aegis. Instead of 'yea, it will probably work if you
use the same SEI on both ends,' it's 'Absolutely: use the same SEI
(and beans, of course) on both sides and just don't worry about WSDL
files and code generators.'

OK, wonderful. Could I make this work with JMS?

I suppose I should try it and see what happens, but I wonder what the
experts think of the idea.

View raw message