cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Our old friend arg0
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2010 14:21:16 GMT
Dan,

I've recently developed a fondness for Simple, and let me explain why,
because I think you are going to tell me that I'm confused.

I don't ever want a client to read a WSDL from the server, or anywhere
else. I am using CXF as a transport between a set of components that
all belong to me, and are developed in sync, and do not need the extra
time and complexity of WSDL machinations. I also don't even want to
consume one neuron on worrying about proxy thread-safety.

My understanding is that JAX-WS reserves the right to screw me if I
don't read the WSDL into the client endpoint, even if it *should*
*usually* work. I don't like to be explaining those *'s to skeptical
co-workers.

If, in fact, the spec for JAX-WS legitimizes my simple case, I'd much
prefer to be configuring with snails and using JAX-WS+Aegis.

--benson