cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Our old friend arg0
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2010 11:52:52 GMT
I found myself explaining the 'interfaces don't carry param names'
business to a coworker the other day. Thinking about it, I realized
that there's still a pretty good trap hiding in all this, and I'm
wondering if we should do something about it.

Here's my theoretical trap. Unsuspecting Java-first implementor has
options set to compile Java with debug info, so there are parameter
names in their interfaces.

Some day, some evil build engineer comes along and removes the symbols
from the production build. Oops, new WSDL.

It seems to me that it would be better if the factories accepted a
boolean that instructed them to ignore the param names in interfaces,
so as to produce repeatable results regardless of the compile options.

Presumably, this isn't in the JAX-WS spec, but we could do it for Simple.