cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF compatibility on Glassfish V2 & V3
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:47:11 GMT
On Tuesday 26 October 2010 10:06:42 am almo wrote:
> Hallo,
> I would like to ask how compatible is glassfish (both versions) with CXF
> 2.2 and 2.3?? in another words, are all CXF features fully functional (and
> stable) when deployed in Glassfish??

They SHOULD be once you get all the classloader things sorted out that are
always and issue with J2EE app servers.  For the most part, we're just a
servlet that should run fine in any servlet contianer.

> How stable is CXF 2.2 and 2.3 compared to Axis2 and Metro?? And if I want
> to emigrate from one framework to another, how complex is it??

See the "Stack comparison" section of:
http://cxf.apache.org/resources-and-articles.html

As well as my answer on Stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1243247/1245386#1245386

> Another question is, what are the future of CXF? Axis2 and CXF are adopted
> by Apache foundation, how would CXF prove itself against Axis2??

I personally think it already has proven itself to be a viable (and in a lot
of ways, better) alternative to Axis2.    We certainly do a much better job of
supporting our users and getting fixes out in releases.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org