cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spnego / Kerberos Authentication
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2010 01:51:56 GMT
On Thursday 21 October 2010 7:00:30 pm Christian Schneider wrote:
>   I just found that HTTPClient supports spnego authentication now (as of
> 4.1 alpha 2). In fact I added an issue to support spnego/kerberos and
> oleg reminded me that it is already implemented. Could this help us to
> also support this authentication scheme?
> As far as I know we do not use httpclient at the moment.

I started a branch:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/branches/async-client/
where I started working on using the http-commons stuff for a complete async
client side for http (haven't touched https yet).   The goal for me so far was
to get a more scalable async capability (less threads), but it may be usable
for this usecase as well.   That said, for the pure async capabilities, you
have to drop down into the http-core stuff and not the higher layer http-
client stuff.   Thus, it might not be usable at all.   I don't really know.
Didn't get into the auth parts and such.     I'd love help if you want to look
at it.  :-)

> I can image two ways to support Spnego/Kerberos. Either we use
> httpclient and let it do the whole thing or we look how they do the
> scheme and add it to the http transport ourselves.
> Any opinions about this?

We could also add some better hooks to allow a user (LGPL, we cannot ship it)
to plug in http://spnego.sourceforge.net/api/index.html to create the
HttpUrlConnection.

--
Daniel Kulp