cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CXF 2.3.0 released!
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2010 18:48:01 GMT
On Monday 11 October 2010 5:11:38 pm Jason Chaffee wrote:
> Is there any documentation for using the @SchemaValidation annotation in
> jaxrs?  I looked but could not find it.

I don't think at this point it can work.   The @SchemaValidation annotations
really just turns on the validation.  There still needs some way of
configuring in the schemas that it is validating against.   For JAX-WS, that's
easy.  You have the wsdl with the schemas.   Thus, it picks up the schema for
that.

For JAX-RS you would still need to configure the list of schemas into the
provider.   Right now, as soon as you do that, schema validation is turned on
anyway.  No need for the @SchemaValidation annotation.

For this to work for jaxrs, we'd probably need either an additional annotation
to configure in the schemas or an addition attribute onto the existing
@SchemaValidation annotation.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp