cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject WS-Addressing : dealing with ReplyTo address set to none
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 16:13:48 GMT
Hi

I've attached a patch to

to do with returning a fault in case of ReplyTo address set to none.
It appears 202 status is expected but a related JAXWS TCK test actually
expects a fault.

CXF treats a none address as a generic (nearly as an anonymous) address
which is not a problem
in cases when a restriction is applied that only non-anonymous addresses are
expected.

But if an anonymous address is expected then treating none as if was an
anonymous address is problematic.

However, it does seem to me now that indeed returning 202 seems equally
problematic. Why would anyone ever event want to emulate a oneway request by
setting a reply to address to none and then executing a two way request ?
Probably JAXWS TCK is correct here after all on expecting a fault instead.

Let me know if you have any concerns re the proposed fix, I reckon it's ok
to go

cheers, Sergey