cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Tomasz Oponowicz <tomasz.oponow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CXF-2736] LogBrowser - future plans
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:01:29 GMT
Hi Sergey,

Welcome everyone after quite long break.

I've prepared sample user interface for "search capabilities" feature.

Legend:

* File [0]:

    1) "All endpoints" entry is added after moving to "search" mode
(this entry isn't shown during "browsing mode").
        If user choose particular endpoint, the application will
search log entries only within chosen endpoint;

    2) User is informed that he is currently at "search mode".
        He can return to "browsing mode" by clicking "reset" link;

    3) "Advanced" checkbox shows or hides additional inputs like: from
date, to date and levels;

    4) This button has two functions. First of all it shows what
levels are enabled.
        For example when only INFO and ERROR levels are enabled then
label of the button has value "I/E".
        Second of all popup is showed after clicking button (more info
in next section);

* File [1]

    1) Popup contains all possible log levels. Click on specified
level to enable or disable level.
        If user click outside the popup, popup will disappear and new
configuration will be saved.

Of course it's only a concept  - all improvements are welcome.

I have got some technical question. How do you consider paging for
"All endpoints"? Because every endpoint is independent the only
solution would be gathered page from all endpoints and combine into
one huge page. Unfortunately I don't like this solution. Have you got
any idea?

[0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12454295/searching_layout_v1.png
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12454296/searching_layout_with_popup_v1.png

--