cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject DOMUtils
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:10:35 GMT
I've just noticed two traps waiting to bite CXF developers.

1. The MapNamespaceContext does not implement the rules for 'xml' and
'xmlns'.

2. The DOMUtils seems to me to be rather confused between the effective
namespace of an element and the declared namespace of an element.

In a document like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?><doc
xmlns="urn:some-namespace"><ele xmlns=""/></doc>

Node.getNamespaceURI() can return null for that inner element.

I don't think we're calling most of the stranger functions in here. Absent
objections, I will remove questionable functions which are never called.