cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF 2.3 packaging......
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:18:41 GMT
On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> There are some jars and such on trunk that we are building and using during
> testing and such that are not part of the cxf-bundle or even packaged in
> the
> distribution at all:
>
> cxf-wstx-msv-validation
> xerces-xsd-validation
> cxf-rt-databinding-sdo
> cxf-rt-management-web
>
> and all the transient deps of the above.....
>
> So, which of the above should be added to the bundle?  We could add all of
> them to the bundle and just mark all their deps optional/provided.
>

> Also, are there things in the bundle that could/should be pulled out?   I'm
> actually thinking of creating a separate "cxf-tools" and moving the command
> line tooling things into there.  Thus, the bundle would be more just the
> runtime parts.   Thoughts?

cxf-minimal is really "cxf-bundle - tools". May be it would make sense to
have a cxf-jaxws only bundle, as
cxf-bundle and cxf-minimal contain jaxrs...

> Another quick question:  are there docs for the validation things above or
> the
> management-web?   There isn't for SDO so I'll add that to my todo as well.
>

> at the moment, management-web has only atom pull/push related code and it
was originally documented (and later expanded) on the jaxrs page. Tomasz has
started documenting his browser project as well. I think once he pushes the
code from the sandbox we can start combining the docs

cheers, Sergey