cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Dinn <ad...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: WS-Addressing asynch MEP, CXF-2167 and WSTF tests
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:29:12 GMT
Hi Alessio,

On 09/29/2010 10:24 AM, Alessio Soldano wrote:
> I actually had a brief chat about this with Dan yesterday. The main
> reason seems to be in WS-RM needs, but I still need to look at the
> details (to understand what actually needs to be copied from one
> exchange to the other). Besides that, there're probably other
> requirements related to visibility of context properties.

So, I can't be miles off the wrong track then. :-)

Yes, the ability to implement some form of reliable messaging (by which
I mean both WS-RM or also, perhaps, CXF's own notion of reliability) was
the first obvious thing that sprang to my mind. However, I wondered if
there was some deeper reason and if so whether it was an artefact of the
current CXF design or was down to some other necessity intrinsic to WS.

regards,

Andrew Dinn