cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Dinn <ad...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: WS-Addressing asynch MEP, CXF-2167 and WSTF tests
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:42:55 GMT
On 09/24/2010 07:58 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand.   Does the RelatesTo on the response properly match
> the message id of the request?  If so, why is the MAPCodec not able to
> correlate the message?

The problem is that when using ReplyTo/FaultTo the response may be sent
from one bus/exchange and the reply received by another. Your use fo
MessageID/RelatesTo to correlate request/response assumes that teh
response comes back to where it is sent to. This assumption may be invalid.

> I guess my concern is around a potential memory leak if the MAPCodec is
> holding onto messages waiting for a response.   But then again, I'm not sure I
> understand the issue.  :-)

Yes, this is one side of the problem -- the sender exchange fills with
garbage. The other side is that the receiver exchange drops legitimate
sender. Unfortunately, proper support for WSA ReplyTo/FaultTo requires
that to be allowed.

regards,

Andrew Dinn