cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: getCurrentClassLoader returning null.
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2010 14:43:26 GMT
On Monday 20 September 2010 10:02:28 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> I have some evidence that CXF misfires if the context class loader is
> null, even without the (direct) use of the JAX-WS API. Is this a
> concern? Should I bother to track it down?

Outside of the SPI issues, what else is not working of the context classloader
is null?   Those issues probably should be fixed.

A normal standalone client or server started with a main method likely has the
context loader as null.   Thus, it should be working fine.  The issues usually
occur when someone creates their own classloader to load things and DOESN'T
set the context classloader like they should.   I think that is the issue you
are seeing with OO.   They create their own URLClassLoader or something to
load the CXF jars and such, but fail to set the context classloader to that
classloader.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org