cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CXF 2.3 packaging......
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 18:26:49 GMT
On Friday 17 September 2010 2:18:41 pm Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> > Also, are there things in the bundle that could/should be pulled out?
> > I'm actually thinking of creating a separate "cxf-tools" and moving the
> > command line tooling things into there.  Thus, the bundle would be more
> > just the runtime parts.   Thoughts?
>
> cxf-minimal is really "cxf-bundle - tools". May be it would make sense to
> have a cxf-jaxws only bundle, as
> cxf-bundle and cxf-minimal contain jaxrs...

Well, not really as cxf-minimal doesn't have some of the databindings, corba,
etc...

I guess my thought is that cxf-bundle is really something that could be
dropped into OSGi container (or similar) and can provide everything needed for
any runtime use of CXF.   The tools aren't needed for that so pull them into a
separate cxf-tools jar.

Also, if a user depends on cxf-bundle in a maven pom, they pull in all the
tooling dependencies and such as well which really isn't required.

Likewise, this affects whats in "/lib" of the distribution.   Right now, we
have cxf-2.3.0.jar which is everything.   I think pulling out the tools into a
separate jar may make sense.

> > Another quick question:  are there docs for the validation things above
> > or the
> > management-web?   There isn't for SDO so I'll add that to my todo as
> > well.
> >

> > at the moment, management-web has only atom pull/push related code and it
>
> was originally documented (and later expanded) on the jaxrs page.

Well, that page is another whole discussion point.   :-)  Almost too big to
find much in it.

> Tomasz
> has started documenting his browser project as well. I think once he
> pushes the code from the sandbox we can start combining the docs

Cool.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org