cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Releasing 2.3
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 14:43:04 GMT

We've now challenged the last few remaining JAX-RS 1.1 tests.  We're waiting
to see if the challenge is accepted or not (and it's going to be slow due to
JavaOne), but that pretty much means we're really close to having JAX-RS 1.1
stuff ready.   JAX-WS 2.2 stuff is already completely passing.   Thus, I think
we're getting really close to having 2.3 ready to release.   I'd like to
collect of list of things that still need to be done (and hopefully get them
into JIRA):

1) Finish docs of new annotations (my plate)

2) Update docs around the new continuations behavior. Mostly in the migration
guide to mention how the new behavior may require some code changes.  (willem,
can you pick that up)

3) (optional) Update the jms sample to use jms spec.  (benson, not high
priority though)  Acutally, would be good to update the other jms samples as
well.

4) (optional) Try and get new releases of WSS4J and XmlSchema.  WSS4J would be
nice as it would allow fixing a couple other JIRA issues.   I'll talk to Colm
about WSS4J.

5) Packaging issues with cxf-bundle.  I'll start a separate thread for this,
but the quick summary is there are things that aren't in cxf-bundle (like sdo
databinding, and some of the validation jars and such).   There are also
things that are in the bundle that probably could not be (like all the tools
could go into a separate cxf-tools bundle to reduce the size of the rt
bundle).  Anyway, separate thread.

6) JIRA issues - like normal, I plan to go through JIRA and see if there are
any "easy fixes" that can be done quickly or have patches that could be
reviewed.

Anything else?

Looking at it, would people feel OK trying to target the week of Oct 4th as
the release for 2.3?    The packaging issues are the main thing that need to
be finalized.   Hopefully not too major.

Thoughts?

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org