cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject JAXWS 2.2 : Service.createDispatch with JAXBContext
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 17:41:52 GMT
Hi

JAXWS Service class has few methods to do with with creating
Dispatch<Object>, accepting JAXBContexts.

I've seen the examples on the web showing the results of the invocations
being cast to JAXBElement (which is what CXF does too
due to JAXBDataBinding defaulting to it in such cases).
I've just checked the JAXWS 2.2 spec and I can see an example showing the
cast to a concrete class.
In both cases I've seen the service mode being set to PAYLOAD.

Can someone please clarify when exactly should the cast be done to
JAXBElement as opposed to a concrete class ?

thanks, Sergey