cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Nilupa Bandara <nilupa.manamp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JiBX DataBinding: Status Update
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 12:52:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Nilupa Bandara
<nilupa.manamperi@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 12 August 2010 9:46:51 am Nilupa Bandara wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've updated the jibx databinding code to[1] and tested the code
>> generation
>> > with the attached StockQuoteService.wsdl. It generates the proper Java
>> > classes for the schema embedded in the WSDL, skeleton code of both
>> client
>> > and the server and  proper message exchange happens when JiBX
>> databinding
>> > is set without any problem. At the moment I am writing some test cases
>> and
>> > javadoc comments which I'm hoping to commit in next few days.
>>
>> Super cool.  Nice work.
>>

> I've added some tests for testing primitive types. I will add some tests
> for testing  complex types shortly.
>
> Nilupa
>

>> > There are couple of improvements which I would like to do
>> >
>> > - Support '-compile' option
>> >
>> > If the option is set, JiBX databinding should compile the generated Java
>> > source files and should run the jibx-binding compiler against the
>> generated
>> > class files using the generated binding.xml. Since the jibx-binding
>> > compiler only accepts class files (not source files) I am thinking  how
>> > compile the generated source files. Is there a standard way of
>> > programmatically compile source files in Java 5 platform.? (I found some
>> > web resources illustrating how to do it in Java 6, but couldn't find any
>> > for Java 5) If there is, then I can enhance the JiBXDatabindingTooling
>> > programmatically compile the generated source files and run the
>> > jibx-compiler against the those class files when '-compile' option is
>> set.
>>
>> Use our Compiler class:
>> common/common/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/common/util/Compiler.java
>>
>> It kind of abstracts out whether it can use the Java6 tool or it has to
>> fork
>> out to javac.

Done .. Now it supports the '-compile' option and the users don't have to
run the jibx-compiler manually against the generated (user specified)
binding.xml

>> > - The implementation of getWrapperType() method in
>> JiBXToolingDataBinding
>> > class looks at the only one (ValueElement) of child elements of
>> > BindingElement which contains binding/type information of generated
>> > classes. It can certainly be improved to observe other child elements
>> > namely StuctElement and CollectionElement when required (see [2]). I am
>> > looking for some schema/wsdl artifacts which will help me on that and it
>> > would be great if anyone can point me to such.
>>
>> Well, if you want some very complex things, you could use the type test
>> wsdl
>> in testutils:
>>
>> testutils/target/generated/src/main/resources/wsdl/type_test/type_test_doclit_soap.wsdl
>>
>> That's probably way overkill though.

It seems that there are some problems with schema compilation when the root
schema in the WSDL contains several schema imports. When I ran the jibx
schema compiler command line feeding the same schema (attached) , it gives
the same error[1]. I will ask about this issue in  jibx-dev list and see
whether they suggest any solution.

Nilupa

[1] Console output:

 java -cp jibx-tools.jar  org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen  -t gen/src -w
type_test_1.xsd
Loaded and validated 1 specified schema(s)
at org.jibx.schema.codegen.SourceBuilder.finish(SourceBuilder.java:327)
 at org.jibx.schema.codegen.PackageHolder.generate(PackageHolder.java:211)
at org.jibx.schema.codegen.PackageHolder.generate(PackageHolder.java:227)
 at org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen.buildDataModel(CodeGen.java:1572)
at org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen.generate(CodeGen.java:1779)
 at org.jibx.schema.codegen.CodeGen.main(CodeGen.java:2202)

--
Nilupa Bandara