cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Alessio Soldano <asold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Enabling reliable messaging programmatic use
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:43:24 GMT
  On 08/04/2010 11:42 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi Alessio
>
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Alessio Soldano<asoldano@redhat.com>wrote:
>
>>   Hi,
>> I'm working on a usecase requiring to enable WS-Reliable Messaging
>> programmatically. Basically I'm building up a Bus without using Spring and
>> I'd like to also have RM functionalities on.
>> That's actually possible, the only issue I'm having right now seems to be
>> that, after manually creating a RMManager instance and adding it to the bus,
>> the RM manager needs to be started/initialised. That's currently done (when
>> leaving the bus construction to the spring injection) through the void
>> initialise() and void registerListeners() methods in
>> org.apache.cxf.ws.rm.RMManager, which are @PostConstruct annotated.
>> Would you mind if I update those two methods making them public instead of
>> package protected to allow for programmatic creation and use of the
>> RMManager?
>>
> It should be ok IMHO.  RMManager is not meant to be used by regular users
> and it has few other public methods affecting it

well yes, I see users can create (through the constructor) and shutdown
a RMManager instance if they want; that makes me think the
initialization methods should also be allowed.

Regarding having multiple @PostConstruct annotated methods, as we said
privately, the EE5 spec would require just one annotated method per
class, however it seems Spring supports invoking multilple postconstruct
methods. Not a real problem for me, I was just wondering...

Alessio