cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to run interopfest?
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:58:49 GMT
On Monday 23 August 2010 9:53:58 am Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How does one run the interopfest tests?  If I make a change to the
> > stsclient
> > I would want to make sure it doesn't break anything.
> >
> > I do 'mvn install -Pfastinstall' from the trunk, followed by 'mvn
> > install'
>
> in /api, and then doing 'install' in /distribution.
> Once the distribution is built, I go to target/..../samples/ and do the
> 'mvn install' in whatever demo project I need to run.
> Ex, I'd go ws_security/interopfest/wstrust10 and do 'mvn install'.
> Apparently in CXF 2.3, one needs to do 'mvn install' directly from
> 'samples' or alternatively you can modify the poms of individual demos by
> adding <relativePath> to the parent properties.

Ah..  The interopfest are down an extra directory.  They would need the
relativePath added.  Good catch.  Most of the demos that are just in the
subdir directly under samples wouldn't as maven automatically looks in ".."

> Finally, I run the demo according to README or pom.xml,
>
> mvn -Pclient
>
> in the case of WS-Trust demos.
>
> I'm wondering, should we resume the discussion about running demos in
> Hudson ?

Well, they are already building as part of the deploy builds:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/view/CXF/job/CXF-trunk-deploy/378/

although the Interopfest ones are not as they require the MS servers to be up
and running and such and I didn't want the builds failing due to that.

Dan