cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JMS transport strongly depends on Spring
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2010 06:25:15 GMT

Just a little history on this...

Originally, the JMS transport only used the JMS API's directly.   I think the
version on the 2.0 branch still is that way.   You may want to look at that as
a starting point if you need a custom version.

Around Aug/Sept 2008, Christian did a lot of work to refactor the entire thing
to use the Spring JMS stuff.   There were a lot of deficiencies in the JMS
transport that were solved by doing that.   We actually talked to the JMS
"experts" over on ActiveMQ and they all pretty much unanimously (James, Hiram,
etc....) agreed that to do JMS correctly, you use the Spring JMS stuff.
Never try to do good JMS without it.  Thus, it was refactored to use Spring.
One of the JIRA's:

If you scroll back to the Aug/Sep 2008 time frame in the email logs, there may
be more information.  Unfortunately, my internet access/email access is almost
non-existent this week so I cannot really dig through right now.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org