cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSOC] Simple and lightweight HTML-based browser for surveying Apache CXF logs
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 22:32:03 GMT
Hi Tomasz

I've built a logbrowser demo in the snapshot. UI is getting slicker, very
good.
And I've managed to see the prev/next/last links - great stuff.

So things are going well as far as I can see.
Here are some specific comments :
- ManageEndpoint link is 'acting' as a button but not as a link
- the log entry content does not show now date/level but it has some
prefixes which I'm not sure about, ex, if the log entry in the list in the
top right corner reads DEBUG SomeTime "1" then what is displayed below id
"[12]1", so no level & time but some bogus "[12]" prefix

- GenerateServlet still causes issues for me, had to enter 40 entries 1 by
1. But please don't fix GenerateServlet but rather introduce a JAXRS app
endpoint which generates some custom log entries and have the browser
involking on that endpoint as discussed earlier on.

- Update AtomPullServer to have say a 20-25 limit per page by default - I
put 40 originally but it is too much..

- Key Focus is lost periodically. Example, I have to select an individual
log entry in the top right corner. But it has to be selected once I select
TestEndpoint in the left pane (if the entries already exist) or after
Refresh and the focus should stay there on that initial entry. If I now
press 'next' I should see the first entry in the next list selected again
and the same should happen when I press previous. May be this is not easy to
do - not a big issue for now...

These are all minor issues compared to the overall progress, thanks.

I'll be traveling on Friday back home and have very limited time in the
evenings next week...

thanks, Sergey