cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OAuth client and server demos
Date Sat, 24 Jul 2010 16:48:01 GMT
Hi Łukasz

Sorry for a delay,  I should've come back earlier to you.

I've run the demo hosted at the app engine and I think from the education
point of view it is a good demo and it is handy one does not even has to
build anything in order to try it.

I've had a problem building the rt/rs/oauth tests - there's a bunch of
CheckStyle errors. Can you please build sandbox/oauth_1.0a from the trunk,
just do 'mvn install -Pfastinstall' and then do 'mvn install' from rt/rs/ ?
One other thing, please move the demo to
"distribution/src/main/release/samples/" as well add Readme to it.

Also I can not build the demo too, the client build fails with the following
dependency missing
1) net.oauth.core:oauth-consumer:jar:20100527

But I'm seeing an oauth repo in the rt/rs/oauth pom, have you built it in
the GAE dev environment ?

Can you please spend a bit of time on cleaning the build a bit :
- fix the checkstyle errors and move the demo to the
""distribution/src/main/release/samples/"" area and also add Readme; after
building the distribution (mvn install in trunk/distribution) you can easily
verify the demo can be run by locating in the target.
- add the oauth dependency in the parent pom so that the rs/oauth module can
depend on it without specifying a version and have the demo client module
depending on rt/rs/oauth module instead (similarly to the server one)
- during the main build please use the Spring version CXF depends upon and
use its -Pspring3 profile to build for the deployment into GAE

As far as the demo is concerned. I looked at the server part and it looks
complicated enough :-) but I think it makes sense to me. I'll likely ask for
some modifications but perhaps if you could start with updating the demo
such that a consumer initiates its own registration with the OAuth server :
I can see at the moment an oauth provider is injected with some sample
consumer properties. I'm not sure what is the best way to do it : may be the
server can return a registration form or the client can just push the
registration info itself.

Overall I think it is a good progress indeed especially given the complexity
of the whole effort.

thanks, Sergey