cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Sosnoski <...@sosnoski.com>
Subject Re: JiBX Databinding: databinding interface methods
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:19:42 GMT
On 07/22/2010 06:42 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Well, no.  It's ONLY used for code generation.   Not used for runtime at all.
> It's mostly for filling in things like the classname attribute of
> @RequestWrapper as well as for the types for the params at code generation
> time.
>

> ..
> Well, runtime is different story.   For the most part, yes.  However, if the
> runtime DataBinding object implements the WrapperCapableDatabinding, then it
> provides the WrapperHelper object that would be used to set/get the params
> in/out of the wrapper object.    Thus, it can do whatever mapping it needs to
> do.   For example, JAXB will look at the @XmlElement annotations and such as
> well to map the names.

The "types for the params at code generation time" mentioned in the
first quote only applies if the interface is unwrapped, right? And in
that case I assume the runtime DataBinding object must implement
WrapperCapableDatabinding, right? (Since otherwise I don't see how the
unwrapping could be handled).

So if I understand this correctly the JiBX DataBindingProfile code would
need to generate a class to support returning a WrapperHelper at runtime
to actually implement the wrapped support (since the JiBX code
generation details won't otherwise be available at runtime).

  - Dennis