cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: samples
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:41:02 GMT
On Monday 26 July 2010 11:10:25 am Benson Margulies wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I see you implemented another plan from my invoker trick.
>
> Do you want to flush that altogether? I originally thought that it was
> a good idea because it ran the samples in a 'clean' (user-like)
> invocation of maven, but for all I know you've arranged the same value
> by careful (non)use of parents.

I'm undecided about the invoker thing right now.    I basically wanted a
solution that would also address:

which requires real version numbers in the poms and have those poms in the
reactor as part of the release process so those version numbers would get
updated.

Doing it this way also address a couple other things:

1) With maven 3, having it invoked directly as part of the reactor allows the
parallel mode to work with it.   With 25+ poms, that can speed things up quite
a bit.

2) I also didn't really want it as part of the everyday developer builds at
this point.  Builds take long enough as is.

That said, I did let it inherit from the CXF parent pom.   Since all the demos
depend on some cxf thing, the parent pom will be needed anyway.   The main
thing I kind of wanted to do though was to make sure the versions that the
demos use are the same as what the runtime uses and we test with.    For
example, several of the demos were actually still using jsr311 0.8 even though
we haven't used that since the 2.1 branch.       Making it inherit the
versions from the cxf-parent pom at least makes sure the versions are the same
and keeps the versions in a single place.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org