cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject To spring 3 or not to spring 3
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 21:14:24 GMT

Since we are getting close to having 2.3 ready to release, I'm kind of looking
at the various deps to see if there are updates we should grab or not.
Things like woodstox and abdera and such are pretty much no-brainers.

The two main contention points are:
1) Jetty from 6 to 7- Benson has started investigating this.     This DOES
involve some code changes as the Jetty packages and stuff have changed.
Thus, the http-jetty transport would be incompatible with Jetty 6.   However,
it would give us some potential new features such as support for continuations
on HTTPs. (I think)

2) Spring - should we use 3.0.0 instead of 2.5.6?    I think the answer for
this is "go ahead".   We've already have profiles to test this and the same
code seems to work OK with 2.5.6 and 3.0.0.   Just want to double check with
folks though.

I'd like to hear peoples thoughts on those.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org