cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Board report time.....
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:20:41 GMT

I almost forgot the board report is due.   Shame on me.   This is what I plan
to submit on Sunday.   Let me know ASAP if there are any additions/changes:

Releases:
2.0.13* was released
2.1.10* was released
2.2.8 and 2.2.9* were released

Note:  2.0.13, 2.1.10, and 2.2.9 were primarily released as a patch for a
severe security issue reported to security@.     There were no plans to
release any further 2.0.x and 2.1.x versions, but the community thought that
the security issue warranted another release.

New committers:
We had "temporary" accounts created for two of our three Google Summer of Code
students and granted them access to our sandbox.   This has been a success
and the students have been doing quite a bit of work there.

Issues requiring board attention:
In our last report, we complained about the JCP TCK access process.   I'm
happy to report that the new process seems to be going much better.   CXF is
getting patches and TCK's much quicker.    I think other projects are also
much happier with the responses.   Consider that issue resolved.

Community update:
With access to the JAX-WS 2.2 TCK, we were able to really start tackling the
2.2 features.   We're happy to report that the code on trunk now passes the
TCK.    We still have quite a bit of cleanup work before 2.3 is ready to be
released, but a major feature is now done.

All three Google Summer of Code projects are going VERY well and are on track
to be completed successfully.   We're all excited about the new features these
projects will bring to CXF.

On the Distributed OSGi front, 1.2 should be released shortly.   The last
couple of issues targeted for the release were resolved this week so final
preps are being made to roll the release.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org