cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CXF-DOSGi passing the OSGi Remote Services and Remote Service Admin CT
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 11:55:26 GMT

> >Having some properties in the CXF space "org.apache.cxf" seems to be
> > totally compliant ? Then they can be 'inherited' by cxf.ws, cxf.rs.
>
> Not entirely sure what you mean here, but a 'reverse domain' name is
> used here to avoid overlap between two technologies that are unaware
> of each other. Just like in Java Package names. So using just 'cxf.ws'
> is a shorter but not entirely compliant.
>
> Well, I just was lazy typing 'org.apache'. Basically what I meant was that
using a property such
as 'org.apache.cxf.something' when configuring the service (soap/rest) using
does not seem like breaking the compliance rules

> >> I do agree on matching up the properties where this makes sense across
> >> org.apache.cxf.ws and org.apache.cxf.rs
> >>
> >> So how would you rename a property like "org.apache.cxf.ws.port" ?
>
> org.apache.cxf.rs.port
>
> That was my concern after all.., was  hoping we could stop the
duplication... At the same time perhaps it's not a big issue in the end of
the day, as I mentioned, the number of new properties which will have to be
duplicated which can be added in addition to those which we already have is
very limited

Sergey

David