cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GSoC][OAUTH] OAuth implementation kick-off
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:51:59 GMT
> dkulp wrote:
> >
> >> 2. There are existing Java OAuth libraries. I am wondering if we could
> >> use
> >> one of them. From one hand maybe it is not good idea to make
> >> cxf dependent on such library, but on the other
> >> it's already tested and used by developers (mainly I mean Scribe lib). I
> >> can write own implementation, just let me know what is your opinion.
> >
> > I'm definitely all for using a 3rd party lib if it will work for us.
> >

> Standard caveat of course that it needs to be an Apache-compatible license
> (no GPL or LGPL, for example).

Google OAuth has an Apache licence; Scribe has it too. And I'm assuming
Amber will have too.
At the moment it appears Scribe or Google libs should do well; OAuth 1.0 can
be split in well-defined phases and it seems the code which lives in those
libs is very capable (main compexity - properly signing requests and forming
OAuth requests).
Perhaps some higher-level OAuth workflow library/code can be built as well
eventually

cheers, Sergey

Glen