cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stuff left for 2.3?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:29:16 GMT
Hi Dan

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Daniel Kulp <dkulp@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to try and get a handle on what is needed to get 2.3 out the door.
> It's really long, long overdue.     The things I can think of off the top
> of
> my head:
>
> 1) JAX-WS 2.2 - we're close on this, just need to figure out a few more
> things.
>
> 2) JAX-RS 1.1 - Sergey: do you know how close we are there?
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to look into running the JAXRS 1.1
TCK.
One thing which definitely won't be done for 2.3 is the JAXRS 1.1 Java EE
requirements (Servlet 3, CDI, EJB3) - this is probably a theme for the next
year's GSOC :-)
What might be done in time for 2.3 is few minor enhancements to do with
dealing JAXRS 1.1 Application class - so it may make CXF partially
compliant.

> 3) New annotations - we have a bunch of new annotations, but I think they
> only
> work on the WS side of things, not the RS side.   Some only apply to the WS
> side, but others probably are applicable there.   I may try and take a stab
> at
> this.   It should just be wiring in the new annotation listener stuff into
> the
> JAX-RS startup code and they should all mostly "just work".   I hope.  :-)
>
> would be cool :-)

> 4) SOAP/JMS - I THINK this is now "done" and it passes all the SOAP/JMS
> spec
> tests.   Anyone know for sure?
>
> 5) SOAP/TCP - this is no where close to enterprise ready.   Probably just
> mark
> it experimental and not worry about it for now.
>
> 6) mustUnderstand logic stuff mentioned in the migration guide.   I need to
> finish that up.  That's on me.
>

> Anything else anyone can think of?

I may ask you a favor with helping to figure out how to avoid a wsdl4j
dependency for CXF JAXRS - I can create a test case

thanks, Sergey