cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Endorse jaxws 2.2 API jar
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:20:19 GMT

Jim,

I just committed some changes that I think should work for us.   Can you give
it a look?

Basically, in jaxws module, I've separated out the jaxws 2.2 specific stuff
into a separate source tree.   I've added a "jaxws22" profile that will add
the 2.2 stuff into the build and setup the endorsed stuff (for compile only
right now, would need to add surefire as well if/when we need it) as well as
include a different META-INF/services/...  file that points at the 2.2
provider.

By default,  "mvn install" or whatever will be jaxws 2.1.    With -Pjaxws22,
it will create the jar with the 2.2 stuff.    Since the jaxws22 profile isn't
normally active, if you -Psetup.eclipse or intellij or whatever, it will be
setup as jaxws 2.1 and the 2.2 stuff won't be visible in eclipse.   Thus,
normal development won't break.

What's good is that the 2.2 Provider will detect if 2.2 api jar is not
available and will return the 2.1 Endpoint if not.   Thus, it should work fine
with 2.1 (non-endorsed) type stuff as well.    You can easily test this by
building jaxws with -Pjaxws22 and going to the system tests and run them.
Since they don't bring in 2.2 at all, and they still run completely fine, it's
looking pretty good.

Anyway, I would need to update the release profiles to add the jaxws22 profile
stuff and I still need to update the distribution to somehow take it into
account and create the new jaxws22-endorsed lib dir as well.   But I wanted
you to look at this so far.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp