cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Faster CXF builds and test ports....
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:43:51 GMT

Actually, I discovered a better way to handle the dynamic ports:

Since a LARGE LARGE majority of our tests that need ports go through the
ClientServer infrastructure in testutils, it was fairly easy to add some level
of dynamic port support to there.    I've now converted all the systest/jaxws
and systest/databinding tests to use dynamic ports using this and it seems to
work fairly well.

Basically, prior to calling the launchServer(...) stuff, the client makes a
quick call to allocatePort(...) or TestUtils.getPortNumber(...) (the later if
it doesn't subclass the ClientServerTestBase stuff) which will allocate the
port and record it based on the information passed in. (I normally use the
servers class as the name)   In launchServer, the server that is forked gets
all the allocated ports passed to it as system properties.  Thus, when the
server needs a port, it also calls the allocatePort thing using the same name
and it gets back the value that the test produced.

Also, since everything is stored in system properties, this works well with
the Spring PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.   The beans.xml things that define
the URL's can easily be updated to use the dynamic ports as well.  Just add
the configurer bean and then use something like:

address="http://localhost:${testutil.ports.AegisJaxWsTest}/aegisJaxWs"

to define the location.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I now have all of jaxws and databinding system tests
updated to use dynamic ports.   I'll probably tackle the other systest things
and the http-jetty transport module tomorrow.   I'm not sure what else needs
to be looked at.  Probably the JMS transport.

The JMS transport has another issue I'm not sure how to resolve yet.    The
jms:address extensor in the wsdl can contain the jndi url to the broker
(jndiURL=tcp://localhost:61500) which would need to be updated somehow as
well.   I still need to figure that one out.   :-(

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org