cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GSoC][OAUTH] OAuth implementation kick-off
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 17:04:59 GMT

On Wednesday 02 June 2010 7:26:31 am Łukasz Moreń wrote:
> I would like start coding OAuth support finally and I have some questions
> regarding that:
>
> 1. We agreed to use OAuth 1.0 spec, I assume to use:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hammer-oauth-10
> as is suggested in: http://oauth.net/core/1.0a/. WDYT?

Yep.

> 2. There are existing Java OAuth libraries. I am wondering if we could use
> one of them. From one hand maybe it is not good idea to make
> cxf dependent on such library, but on the other
> it's already tested and used by developers (mainly I mean Scribe lib). I
> can write own implementation, just let me know what is your opinion.

I'm definitely all for using a 3rd party lib if it will work for us.

What may be an interesting course of action would be to also get involve with
the new Amber project in incubation:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/amber
It's BRAND NEW, the svn repo just created yesterday so no code there yet.   I
think some of it is still in the lab.    I'm not saying using Amber is
required or even preferred.   Just mentioning it as an option to investigate.
Since it's in an early form, we'd definitely have some flexibility to push it
in a direction that would be more usable for us.    :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org