cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Seumas Soltysik <SSOLT...@progress.com>
Subject jaxws:endpoint address not used when using createdFromAPI
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:18:25 GMT
If I call Enpoint.publish(address, implementation) and define a <jaxws:endpoint> like
this:

     <jaxws:endpoint name="{http://ws.iona.com/peer_manager}PeerManagerPort"
     address="http://localhost:8888/services/PeerManagerService"
     wsdlLocation="./wsdl/peer-manager.wsdl"
     createdFromAPI="true"
     endpointName="ns:PeerManagerPort"
     serviceName="ns:PeerManagerService"
     xmlns:ns="http://ws.iona.com/peer_manager"/>

the address attribute is not used by the EndpointImpl class. In EndpointImpl.getServer(),
the address is read from the configuration and set on the endpoint but it is never used. The
address from Endpoint.publish(address, implementation) always over-rides the address in the
configuration. This pretty much makes sense since if you specifically specify an address then
that is the address that should be used as opposed to the address in configuration. However,
it seems to me that if you pass in and empty string or a null value and the configuration
for the <jaxws:endpoint> contains an address attribute, then that address attribute
should be used. Why is this not the case?

Regards,
Seumas