cxf-dev mailing list archives

From Jungwoo Jang <jungwoo3...@hotmail.com>
Subject Question about ClientProxyImpl
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:39:53 GMT

Hello all,

I apologize in advance if this is the incorrect mailing list to post this question to.

I have a question around whether some behavior I am seeing is a bug or if it is functioning
as designed.

I am trying out the parameter bean example in the cxf jaxrs documentation.  Note the following
has been simplified, since I am only worried about @FormParam types.
@Path("/customer/{id}")
public class CustomerService {

    @POST
    public Response addCustomerOrder(@FormParam("") OrderBean bean) {
    }
}

public class OrderBean {
   public void setId(Long id) {...}
   public void setWeight(int w) {...}
}

So, this works when I use a browser as the client.
But when I use the client runtime library it does not.

    CustomerService service = JAXRSClientFactory.create(...);
    service.addCustomerOrder(new OrderBean(123, 150));

After debugging through the code, it seems like the rt/frontend/jaxrs/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/jaxrs/client/ClientProxyImpl.java's
handleForm(...) method is doing something it shouldn't be doing.

    FormUtils.addPropertyToForm(form, p.getName(), params[p.getIndex()].toString());

The params[p.getIndex()] is the OrderBean that I have passed in.  But then this code converts
it to a String and then in the
FormUtils.addPropertyToForm method, it makes an InjectionUtils.extractValuesFromBean(value,
"") call, where the value is the toString() value of the OrderBean.

So, the http request has bytes=somebytes, when I was expecting id=123 and weight=150.

Here is the jira ticket that I believe was why this code was introduced.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-2389?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion%3Asubversion-commits-tabpanel

So, is this bug?  I did a search for jira tickets to see if this was already a known issue.
If it is a bug, should I file a new jira ticket and link it to the ticket mentioned above?

Thanks,
Jungwoo